Please present the following when submitting to GIRES PRESS.
- Copy of the manuscript (as part of our blind peer review process, we ask that you please avoid authorial references in this document).
- Cover letter that introduces the submission.
- A separate title page that includes author name, title, contact details, and institutional affiliations. This will not go to reviewers.
- A brief biographical sketch (no longer than 50 words), which will be included in an accepted article.
Manuscript Format and Style
- To reflect GIRES’ emphasis on diverse articles and lengths, word count may be anywhere between 4,000-8,000 words for an article, 5,000-10,000 for book a chapter and 60,000-90,000 words for a book– not including notes, figures, and tables.
- As the peer review process is blind review, can authors please not identify themselves in the text or notes of their submission.
- If there are multiple corresponding authors then one should be nominated for communication with editorial.
- Abstracts should preferably be between 150-250 words.
- Text should be presented as double-spaced (footnotes single spaced). Both text and footnotes should include 1 inch margins and 12 point font.
- Do not right-justify endnotes or the right margin.
- GIRES PRESS accepts both British and American English, as long as contributions are consistent throughout the article/chapter/book.
- Please reference using Chicago citation style. Authors are responsible for preparing the citations to comply with these referencing standards and ensuring the accuracy of their authorities.
- Tables and figures should be accompanied by a legend.
- Any acknowledgements and details of funding should be included in a separate page at the end of the article.
- Authors should define any abbreviations they will be using at first occurrence.
- Paginate the entire manuscript.
-Manuscripts will be reviewed anonymously by scholars with expertise in the article’s subject matter. Charges will apply for all colour figures that appear in the print version of the journal and books.
-During submission, please clearly state whether figures should appear in colour in the online version only, or also in the print version. Charges will be included in the colour figures for printed versions.
Please direct any questions here.